A meta defines additional values for the document. The meta tag can have multiple attributes to define its content.
represents the name of the metadata.
- application-name - the name of the web application.
- author - the name of the author of the webpage.
- description - the description of the webpage. The search engines use it to display results.
- keywords - one or more keywords with comma separator that inform search engines what is the page about.
- viewport - controls the visible area of the web page.
represents character encodings that are used in an HTML page.
- character_set - space-separated list of one or more character encodings. UTF-8 for Unicode.
represents the value associated with the name attribute.
represents the HTTP header for the value of the content attribute.
- content-security-policy - the content policy of the page
- content-type - the character encoding of the page
- default-style - the preferred style sheet to use.
- refresh - a time interval at which the page will refresh by itself.