The form is a container for the user input fields. All the fields within the form tag will be submitted when the form is submitted.
represents the URL to which the form data will be sent when the form is submitted.
represents by which HTTP method the form-data will be submitted.
- get - appends form data (name/value pair) to URL with ‘?’. Eg. URL?name=value
- post - form-data will be sent as HTTP post-transaction.
represents how the form data will be encoded before submitting.
- application/x-www-form-urlencoded - All form data will be encoded. Default value.
- multipart/form-data - when the file is to be uploaded with form data.
- text/plain - No data will be encoded at all.
represents character encodings that are used when the form is submitted.
- character_set - space-separated list of one or more character encodings. UTF-8 for Unicode.
represents whether the form data should be filled automatically when a form is submitted.
- on - browser automatically complete the values
- off - the user has to fill the data by itself.
represents the name of the form.
represents no form data should be validated while form submission.
represents where the response of the form will be displayed after submission.
- _self - response will be load in the same browser context/tab.
- _blank - response will be load in a new browser window/ tab.
- _parent - response will be load in a parent browser window.
HTML form Example: